Friday, October 28, 2011

Photo Friday- 28th October 2011: "Christmas in October?"

 It's Christmas Time!

Yes you did read it right: Every year the college I live at while studying at Uni has a huge celebration for Christmas.
This year I was pleased to be able to help the student Exec putting on this event. I was able to secure eight big LED spotlights to light the room and the pillars, and a big smoke machine to provide the occasional fog (or blizzard). This topped off with Christmas Carols and the staple viewing material of The Grinch (quoted as being a treasured College heirloom).
Our catering team and chefs provided a wonderful meal with Christmas Ham, Turkey and Beef, with all the trimmings, cold meats and of course over 10kg's of Prawns! Dessert was a sumptuous affair with our Dessert Chef preparing beautiful rich Chocolate tarts and the Aussie favorite: Pavlova.





2 comments:

  1. Which Uni and which college are you at Justin? I did a stint at UQ, living at Emmanuel.
    The units we stayed at whilst visiting the Ekka were the Republic Apartments, Turbot Street.
    Thanks for calling by my blog, I'll be sure to keep calling back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiona,
    I am studying at James Cook University (Townsville), I live on college at The John Flynn College. Cheers, many thanks, must commend you on your photos, I have only had a DSLR for a while and am keen to keep expanding my photography skills.

    Will have to note down the note of the Apartments, I usually stay at Hotel George Williams but am always on the lookout for a good deal.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...