@QueenslandRail) Tilt Train (I think this is trip number six). So I have now packed all my gear that I am taking home for the Summer Break. and it is all waiting patiently in my common room for me to pick up and pack into a friends car.
So for the trip home as I am taking the Tilt Train, here are some fun facts about Australia's Fastest Rail Service:
- Queensland Rail (QR) Operates two different Tilt Train Fleets: The Diesal Brisbane Cairns Fleet and the Electric Brisbane, Rockhampton Fleet.
- Just like planes all the trains have names: At last count there are The City of Cairns (BNE to CNS), City of Townsville (BNE to CNS), City of Maryborough (BNE to RTON) and The City of Rockhampton (BNE to RTON).
- As the name suggests the Tilt Trains can in fact tilt as they are going around corners.
- The train is also I high speed capable of speeds in excess of 160kh/hr, with the top speed (not used for conveying passengers) being clocked at 210km/hr
- The Tilt service offers all the mod cons you'd get on a plane such as Economy & Business Classes, in-seat entertainment centres and meal service.
- You can even have a shower on-board whilst travelling (you can brag to your friends that you had a shower at 150km/hr!)
- The Brisbane to Cairns services currently feature a new art program showing up and coming artists as well as indigenous artwork incorporated into the trains external liverey.
Source: Wikipedia- Tilt Train (Here)